Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hearty Hibiscus...A Treat For The Eyes

I love the gardens around our home. Like many other gardeners, there are always things that I feel could be improved upon, and others that I feel have been done just right. Fortunately, our Hearty Hibiscus garden fall into the latter category. Planted about five years ago, these amazingly gorgeous tree-like plants grow to heights of over 8 ft tall, with blooms that are as large around as both of my spread-out hands put together! With deep green foliage and striking color, they have become one of our neighborhood's favorite attractions, and it is not uncommon to look out and see folks stopped at the end of our driveway enjoying their beauty. This makes us very happy, as that is what botany is supposed to do...show case nature's beauty for all to see. Here are my "top nine" hibiscus shots from this season. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment